Tyler Liang

Started Working out March 2010. About to complete 1 year of serious lifting. This is just a blog of my experiences in trying to attain the physique I want.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Arms (Tricep Bicep)

Here is my tricep and bicep workout. Piya's been giving me hype about my tricep so I might as well make a tricep post.

Stretch: again, importanttttt.
Triceps:
Close Bar Dips: 4x10

*If you can do your own bodyweight great. If you can't set the platform to a weight that will get you 10 reps, but not to light that it's not a workout. If you need more weight, I like to put a dumbbell between my crossed feet.



Skull Crushers: Warmup Set: 1x10 Working Set: 3x8

*Increase weight on working set. Keep your form strict. No moving. Trust me, it works better if you focus on keeping your form consistent.

Tricep Pulldowns: Superset: 4x8 (Drop weight each set without rest in between) Working Set: 3x8

*Keep form nice and clean. Go slow, and squeeze your triceps at the end of the pulldown.

Tricep Extensions (w/Dumbell): Warmup Set: 1x12 Working Set: 3x8

*I use one dumbbell. Cross your thumbs at the front of the dumbell with your palms up supporting the weight. Have good posture and from. Slow.

By this time, you shouldn't be able to do a push-up. But if you can, do close stance push ups until failure, squeezing and focusing on your triceps.

Biceps:

Hammer Curls: 3x8 Each arm

Preacher Curls: 3x21 (7 extended -> halfway up; 7 halfway up -> full contraction; 7 extended -> full contraction)

Preacher Negative Curls: 4x6 (or as many as you can do)

*It's best to have a spotter help you bring it up. It'll maximize your gains. I like to try to hold it still halfway down for 5 seconds.

Go home eat some protein and food. Drink Water. =]

I do this once a week AFTER I do shoulders, chest, and back, as your arms are very needed in those workouts.

2 comments: